“Ahhh, look at her! The old gal doesn’t look a day over 99 posts. She’s been milk’in the heck out of that free Farrah Fawcett look-alike illustration by the artist with beer-googles on at the company holiday party. The Laughing Mom says she keeps her writing fresh thanks to her funny family, total lack of willpower and being raised with the boob-tube, who she considers to be a fourth sibling. Happy 100 posts – posts? What in the sam-heck is a post? Is she building a fence?” -An imagined congratulatory message from Willard Scott.
It’s hard to believe I am writing my 100th blog post. It’s even more incredulous that people are still actually reading them.
Even though I was a girl scout drop out, I am pretty lucky to earn some serious blog flare and could really use a sash about now to store my badges on. Here’s a list of the awards and writer’s who were kind enough to pass them on to me.
- Kreativ Blogger Award, Lisa from Main Street Musings.
- ABC…Awesome Blog Content Award, Hugmamma’s Mind Body and Soul.
- The Candle Lighter Award, Hugmamma’s Mind Body and Soul.
- Liebster Blog Award, Kate from kateschannel.
- The Versatile Blogger Award, Renee from Pooter and Booger’s Place.
- The Lovely Blog Award, Stacy from Nonsense to Momsense.
- The Illuminating Blog Award, Stacy from Nonsense to Momsense.
I also highly recommend visiting writers listed on my Blog Roll. They are all very funny and interesting in their own way.
It’s been a fabulous journey transforming from a housewife who wrote her first blog entry about a sexy fireman in the school library, to now being a gainfully employed mid-lifer who has been Freshly Pressed, published in the local newspaper and had the privilege of attending the 2012 Erma Bombeck Writer’s Workshop.
Who knows what the next 100 posts will bring. When you live with the motto, “at least it will make a good story,” anything is possible.
© 2012 Terri Spilman