It’s the number one question stay-at-home moms get asked. I could bore you with details of my time being filled with household cleaning, errand running, volunteering, or fulfilling the need for “just me” time.
However, the truth is, I really don’t know what in the hell I do all day. There, I said it.
If you are sick and tired of people (meaning your husband) asking you, “What in the hell do you do all day?” use these responses straight from the corporate world to shut them the hell up:
- “What in the hell do you do all day?” Answer a question with a question. Nothing gets someone’s blood boiling more than to turn the tables. For example, ask to see a call sheet if your husband is in sales or ask to speak to one of his nurses if he’s a doctor.
- “I posted for a new position.” What bigger turn on to a husband than to get him excited about having additional income. Take a few minutes from reading mom blogs to pull up monster.com a few times in case he’s snooping in the browser history.
- “I read some trade magazines.” If you want to sharpen your skills, you gotta read up. Cooking Light, Better Homes and Gardens, Real Simple and Martha Stewart Living are essential reads to educate yourself on housewife duties, while simultaneously doing nothing. If you throw Cosmopolitan into the mix, just beware that you may be asked to demonstrate what you’ve learned in the token, “How To Please Your Man” article.
- “I had an all day retreat.” He doesn’t have to know you were at the mall all day. Just make sure you pick a place in your closet where he never looks to hide the shopping bags.
- “I spent my entire day on the phone.” This answer can serve double-duty when he asks you how many times your mother called during the day.
And the best answer to the question, “What in the hell do you do all day?”
None of your darn business!